Located in Maremma
How to reach the Pratone farmhouse
- direction Siena Grosseto
- Paganico exit towards Monte Amiata
- continue towards Cinigiano towards Castiglioncello Bandini
- passed Castiglioncello Bandini arrival in Stribugliano
- from Rome towards Grosseto
- in Grosseto exit and take in the direction of Arcille
- continue towards Baccinello Pio
- after Cana, about 30 km, crossroads on the left for Stribugliano
Where is the Pratone FarmWe are about 30 minutes by car from:
- Montalcino, the realm of the famous Brunello
- Pienza and the Crete senesi
- Etruscan Necropolis of Sovana and Pitigliano
- Seggiano, with the interesting garden of Daniel Spoerri where there are a multitude of grandiose sculptures
- Abbey of St. Antimo
We are about 50 km from the sea of Orbetello and Monte Argentario, as well as:
- Roman city of Cosa
- oselle (Etruscan and Roman ruins)
- Abbey of San Galgano
- Mulino Bianco (where they do the advertising for the cookies …)
Also worth noting the proximity to parks and nature reserves in the area:
- nature reserve of Rocconi
- nature reserve Piscinello
- nature reserve Pigelleto
- nature reserve of Mount Penna
- nature reserve forest SS.Trinità
- park walled city of Radicofani
- natural park Abetina Vivo
- park natural artistic Val D’Orcia
- Mineral Park dell’Amiata
- Garden of Daniel Spoerri in Seggiano
Stribugliano, in the heart of the Tuscan MaremmaLocated on the slopes of Mount Amiata, in the heart of Tuscany, Strubugliano is a small medieval village charm really special. It’s part of Arcidosso in Grosseto.
The origins of Stribugliano dates back to the first years before Christ when its lands where governed by Strabulias. The village is then remembered in the year 1000 with the title of Castel of Strabuliano subjective to the power of Conti Aldobrandeschi who had fortified it.
In 1274 Stribugliano was assignated to Contea Santafioresein which it will remain to 1346 when it was sold at Comune di Siena and it will follow its fortunes. In having lost its administrative autonomy during the XVIII century, the comunity went to Granducato di Toscana with Pietro Leopoldo and it was annexed to Arcidosso.
In the territory of Stribugliano the development of the economy especially in the agricultural and artisan fields brought to the end of 800 to the formation of the city centre which at the beginning of 50’s was constituted by the square, the farm and the popular houses in which lived all farmers of the Marquises.
Nowadays Strabugliano with its village, beginning with its city centre which has the parish church of San Giovanni Battistaand palazzo dei Marchesi, by one hand prolongs its territorial extension in new constructions and on the other it closes with a strange stone “LA PIETRA ROSSA” (THE RED STONE), which is considered a sort of talisman of this little village.
The village is situated on the occidental side of the mountains that from the massive of Amiata go down to Maremma.It is included into Comune di Arcidosso, it counts about 300 inhabitants and it is 750 metres above sea level.
It’s possible to go on excursions riding a mountain-bike, starting from farmhouse Pratone to the surrounding lands, and trips to the nearest localities like:
- The thermal waters of Saturnia and Petriolo Thermal Baths
- Pienza, Pitigliano, Sovana and the Etruscan Necropolis
- The Park of Maremma
- The Faunistic Park of Mount Amiata and Mount Labbro
- Mount Argentario, Orbetello, Giglio Island and the Roman city of Cosa
- Montalcino and Siena
- Roselle with its Etruscan and Roman ruins
- Castiglione della Pescaia
- Bagni San Filippo
- Montecucco Wine Road